BI Export lets you export your account’s data for future import to third-party analytics tools (e.g. PowerBI or Qlik). This allows for building reports and analytics that are not available in Wrike and merge Wrike data with data from other sources.
The data that is exposed to Tableau includes but is not limited to the following:
- User Groups
- Activity Log
- History of status and custom field changes
- Effort fields
The data is stored in tables, which are connected using foreign key identifiers (like in a relational database). Each table is stored as a separate .csv file.
Documentation for BI Export schema and tables can be found here.
- BI Export API is only available to Enterprise plan accounts.
- Account owners and admins with the right to “Export account data”
can export analytics data.
- All account data is included in the .csv files, not just the data
shared with the admin.
- BI Export data is automatically updated once a day. You can use API
to check if new data is ready for export.
Grant the Permission
- Click your profile image in the upper right-hand corner of the
- Select “Account Management”.
- The "Users" tab opens by default and you’ll see a list of all users
in the account.
- Click on the name or profile image of the admin for whom you want
to grant the permission.
- Select “Permissions”.
- Click "Edit permissions" (you may need to scroll to see it).
- Check the “Export account data” box.
- Click “Save changes”.
Export BI Data
You can export BI data in one of two ways - using REST API or Account Backup tool. Using backup is recommended for manual export, while REST API can be used to automate the process.
Export using REST API
- Authorize to API v4.
- Call the /data-export API method.
- Use the links in a response to download files with BI Export data.
The links expire in 7 days.
Export using Account Backup tool
- Check the “Include BI export in backup” box on Account Settings page
- Download and run backup tool
- Backup folder will contain “bi” sub-folder with collection of CSV files